The Spring 2020 Service Showcase is on April 23, 2020!
The annual Service Showcase and Celebration recognizes a year of service and community-engaged work at KU. Due to concerns about the spread of COVID-19, the Service Showcase and Celebration will be held online instead of in-person. The Service Showcase is an opportunity for students to share their service projects and experiences with the University community and Lawrence community partners. Check out this year's Service Showcase presentations here!
The main component of the Service Showcase is an adjudicated poster presentation session. This year, those presentations may be completed virtually in a variety of ways:
- Create a traditional poster and record a VoiceThread of you presenting it—this should be no more than five minutes in length and will be posted on a webpage accessible to judges and the general public.
- Create a video about your service experience—this should be no more than five minutes in length will be posted on a webpage accessible to judges and the general public.
- Record an Ignite-style presentation (20 slides, 15 seconds per slide)—this will be posted on a webpage accessible to judges and the general public.
Monetary awards are given to the top three posters. All KU students are invited to submit proposals!
Criteria for Submission
Submitted applications will be evaluated on the following general criteria. Applicants selected to present at the Service Showcase will have the cost of printing their poster covered by the Center for Service Learning.
Authentic Community Partnership
- Did the student collaborate closely with a community partner on a community identified need?
- What was the value of the project to the community partner or larger community?
Social Responsibility & Civic Identity
- To what extent did the project or experience encourage the student to think about how their own perspectives, biases, and values influence the work that they do?
- Did the student’s involvement in the service project foster a sense of civic responsibility?
- To what extent did the student engage in intentional reflection about their service experience?
Submissions will be evaluated on a rolling basis until April 14, and completed presentations will be due by April 20 to allow for timely upload to the CSL website for judging.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-0960.
2018 Top Honors winners:
2017 Top Honors winners:
2016 Top Honors winners: