Certificate Final Reflection Questions
Final Reflection Questions and Instructions for the Certificate in Service Learning
Responses to each question should be at least 100 words. Providing specific examples from your service experience is a great way to reach the word count. Unless otherwise specified, responses to questions are required.
All responses need to be submitted through myKU Portal. We highly recommend that you type your response in a word document and cut + paste your essay into myKU Portal. myKU Portal will time out automatically after 30 minutes.
- Describe the primary service activities or projects you completed for this certificate and identify the community need(s) addressed by your service efforts. For example: We worked with Douglas County Health Department to evaluate nutritional content of vending machine snacks. We provided data to organizations that have vending machines and gave recommendations for more nutritious snack alternatives in a similar price range.
- There are typically challenges associated with service experiences. For example: a personal challenge, the social issue you are addressing, effectiveness of service you are providing, etc. Please describe any challenge you may have encountered during one of your service experiences. What strategies did you use to address the challenge? Would you have done anything differently?
- Prior to your service experience, what was your understanding of the community need(s) or social issue(s) related to your service and what do you know now that you didn’t before? How did your service project address equity? What do you think other people should know about the community need(s) or social issue(s) addressed by your efforts?
- Have your service experiences affected your future goals and endeavors such as affirming/changing your major, volunteering, company choice, etc.? Explain.
Optional: If you would like to provide us with a very short quote, please do so here. By completing this section, you are giving us permission to use your statement in our promotional material
Complete one of the following thoughts OR create your own:
- I want the service learning certificate because…
- The things that affected me most about my experience was…
- I would recommend service learning because…