• Home
  • Awards and Funding
  • Navigating KU

Community Partner Consultation

Our Center staff are available to brainstorm and plan possible connections between KU faculty instructors and their courses with interested community organizations and agencies. Contact us to arrange a meeting.

Top Ten Resources for Navigating KU

Thank you to Curtis Marsh, Director of KU Info, for providing this list!

  1. KU Info database
  2. Academic calendar
  3. KU buildings database
  4. Student organizations database
  5. KU statistics
  6. KU Information Technology Services (A-Z)
  7. Union events calendar
  8. KU Policy Library
  9. University Events Committee
  10. Athletics

KU Policies

Communication on Campus

Email Policies: Individuals who wish to use KU email in support of external organizations must secure written or email approval of the Provost or the Provost's designee. The Provost ordinarily will approve such use only when it furthers (KU's mission and goals).

Policy on Bulletin Boards, Postings, and Sidewalk Chalk: "General Use" bulletin boards are located at various campus sites and are intended primarily for use by KU students, faculty, and staff. Materials allowed include information about community events and community classifieds.

Campus Mail: The use of campus mail for personal, business, solicitation, or political purposes is expressly prohibited. Exceptions may be granted by the Chancellor or Executive Vice Chancellor when the exception is deemed to be in the best interests of the University.

Campus mail boxes in various departments and buildings are considered to be under the jurisdiction of the unit in which they are located. Materials may be placed directly by individuals in these campus mail boxes if permission has been obtained from the appropriate person in the unit with jurisdiction over that particular campus mail box.

Student Housing: Student housing does not allow signs, bills, or fliers of any type to be posted by outside organizations.

For detailed information regarding methods of communication, please review the university policy on the use of equipment, facilities, personnel, and other resources.

Holding Events on Campus

Non-KU organizations may hold events on campus if approved by appropriate University administrators.

Guidelines for events on campus through the University Events Committee. [pdf]


Reserving space in the Unions
Reserving space other than in the Unions
  • Rooms at the KU Edwards Campus, Overland Park, can be reserved by non-KU groups after campus needs have been met. Contact the Edwards Campus at (913) 897–8400 or edwardsinfo@ku.edu.
  • Space in the Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center, Shenk Fields, and Adams Campus Challenge Course can be reserved by non-KU organizations.
  • Danforth Chapel requires a registration form [doc] and submittal of a University Events Committee Form [doc].
Information and Solicitation Tables on Campus

Off-campus organizations may request to set up tables for information or solicitation on campus given University Events Committee approval.

There is a reservation fee associated with reserving these locations. The fee is considerably less if the off-campus organization is associated with an on-campus organization.


Visitor Parking on Campus
  • Access to Jayhawk Boulevard is restricted from 7:45am to 5:00pm every weekday when classes are in session.
  • Visitors wishing to park on campus can do so in the Allen Fieldhouse Garage or Mississippi Street Parking Garage at the prescribed rate.
  • Visitors may also park at any metered spots by paying the required amount.
  • Parking permits for visitors can also be purchased at the Parking & Transit Office in the Allen Fieldhouse Garage.
  • Information about visitor parking and a Parking map[pdf]
Blackboard Use by non-KU Individuals
  • People not officially affiliated with KU may be provided a Blackboard-only account.
  • A KU faculty or staff member “sponsor” must request these types of accounts.
  • Accounts are temporary, but renewable on an annual basis, with the approval of the KU sponsor.
  • Assigned only to individuals who are working with KU faculty/staff on officially recognized activities on the Blackboard system (i.e., those included under the institution’s license for Blackboard).
  • University's Blackboard policy and procedures
Using Official KU Trademarks

There are various rules and guidelines for using official KU trademarks, and these guidelines vary based upon the department that oversees the logo.

For example, the Jayhawk is administered by KU Athletics, the signature by University Relations, and the University Seal by the Chancellor.

Guidelines for trademark usage are found in the Trademark Licensing Policy.

Food/Beverage on Campus

Any foods served or given out on campus must be from KU Memorial Unions unless granted an exception

Food Exception Policy [pdf]; Request for Exception Form [pdf]

Alcoholic beverages on campus are only permitted for official University events and by approval. Policy regarding alcohol on campus.

Chat With Us!
chat loading...
Service Opportunities on Hire Jayhawks

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram